Live Red Poinsettia in a White Birch Planter
Botanical Name: Euphorbia pulcherrima
Common Name: Poinsettia
Origin: Central America
- Red poinsettia has vibrant red flowers and flowering centers
- Arrives in a natural white birch container
- Available in 2 sizes:
- Large: 6" grows up to measure overall approximately 16-18"H
- Small: 4" grows up to measure overall approximately 10-12"H
- Check out another seasonal favorite, our red and white Christmas cactus
- Soy-blend wax Balsam & Cedar candle features notes of oak moss, cinnamon and eucalyptus
- Glossy glaze exterior and metallic rim
- 20-hour burn time
- 8 oz.
Tending Tip: When the flowers start to age after the holidays, cut off the old blooming stems to encourage new growth; poinsettias will reliably bloom by the holidays if given 14 hours of nonstop nighttime darkness for two months, starting in early September; they will naturally start blooming with nights become long and dark, usually later in winter.
Fertilizing: Refrain from feeding poinsettias in the winter months; begin feeding them with a balanced fertilizer as directed starting in mid-spring and ending by early fall.
Uniform, bright indoor light yields the best growth
Keep the soil evenly moist but never wet; excellent pot drainage is a must
Maintain a temperature of 65-75°F during the day and avoid cold drafts
All plant parts are mildly toxic if ingested, so best to keep away from pets and children